Use of the vehicle
The vehicle may only be used on the island of Ibiza.
We ask for 50% prepayment in order to confirm the booking. The remaining 50% is due at the start of the rental.
The daily rates vary depending on car model, time of the season, and number of days rental.
Documents On Collection
On collection of the vehicle, you must provide the following original items of identification:
· Valid driving licence – including the driving licence of any additional named driver
· Valid credit card – Visa or MasterCard
When collecting the vehicle you will be asked to inspect the car. Should you find any visible damage to the vehicle you should ensure that this is noted; otherwise it will be understood that you accept the condition of the vehicle and will be liable for the damage found at the time of its return.
Insurance and Insurance Excess Damages Deposit
In the event of an accident resulting in any damage to third party property or the vehicle itself, you will be fully liable.
We require that you bring a credit card on the day of the rental. Visa/MasterCard blocks an amount of €3,000 on your credit card to cover Insurance Excess and Damages Deposit.
Should the Vehicle be stolen or you loose the keys to the vehicle, then you will be fully liable for the replacement cost of the vehicle or the keys.
You will be fully liable for any costs associated with incorrect use of fuel in the vehicle.
We will not be liable in respect of any items which may be stolen from the vehicle, including personal items and it is strongly recommended that you arrange further travel insurance to cover effects for personal injury, whatsoever the cause.
Should the excess not be required, we are in any event authorised to retain the pre-authorised amount mentioned above for a period of 1 month after the return of the vehicle in order to cover the possibility of damage to the vehicle. This payment will not be processed unless loss or damage occurs or any additional charges arise during the rental period. Additional charges which may be deducted from your credit card include but are not limited to:
· Fuel – the vehicle will be supplied with a full tank of fuel. Should you fail to return the vehicle with a full tank, replacement of the fuel will be charged.
· Speeding and traffic fines, penalties or infringements arising out of your use of the vehicle, including fines and infringements for parking, clamping, towing or obtaining release of the vehicle from a compound, as well as all legal and court fees or costs arising from such infringements or penalties.
· Replacement of lost keys.
Should a claim arise, we reserve the right to retain the pre-authorised amount for the period necessary in which to quantify the charges and to deduct such charges from your credit card. Should we release the pre-authorisation from your card without deduction, prior to noticing damage to the vehicle or equipment, or additional charges, your signature to this agreement provides us with permission to deduct this amount from your card. Should damages exceed the pre-authorised amount, you will be liable for settling the additional costs, as well as for any legal costs that might be incurred by us in recouping those costs. By hiring from Mustang Adventures S.L. you allow us to charge any amount which is unpaid deriving from the rental agreement to the means of payment provided by yourself. Where charges are incurred which result in our deducting monies from your credit card, a detailed invoice will be provided to you stipulating the charges so debited.
Return of the vehicle
You remain fully responsible for the vehicle until such time as the keys are handed back to us. Should you abandon the vehicle any charges therefor will be deducted from your credit card.
The vehicle will be supplied with a full tank of fuel at the start of the rental period. You must return the vehicle with a full tank; failure to do so will result in our charge for replacing the fuel at the locally determined price.
No monies will be refunded should the vehicle be returned prior to the agreed return time.
Obligations for the use of the vehicle
During the rental period, the vehicle may only be driven by you or any additional named driver. You and any such authorised named driver are jointly liable for your obligations under this agreement. You are not permitted to:
· Drive the vehicle in areas unsuitable for public transport or on very poorly paved dirt roads that may cause damage to the underside of the vehicle.
· Overload the vehicle with more passengers than it is designated for.
· Cause damage to the vehicle by leaving items of value in plain sight inside the vehicle.
· Drive the vehicle under the influence of alcohol, medication or drugs.
· Carry passengers or property for hire or reward.
· Drive in a manner that is reckless or without caution.
· Drive against traffic regulations.
· Should you lose, damage or lock the keys in the vehicle, you will be liable for the replacement thereof.
· Otherwise in any way breach any of your obligations under this agreement.
In the event of a breakdown, accident or theft
In case of mechanical breakdown or accident which requires or obliges you to stop the vehicle, 24 hour roadside assistance is provided for and which you should call and is included in the price. In the event that immediate repairs cannot be made, we reserve the right to offer a substitute vehicle. If that is not possible we will refund the hire costs for the remainder of the rental period. The extent of our liability in relation to a breakdown is limited to substitution of the vehicle or a refund of the remainder of the hire costs. We are not in any way liable to pay for other costs such as accommodation or travel costs.
In the event of an accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the vehicle, you should:
· Not accept responsibility or admit to any liability to other parties, or make any settlement offers.
· Notify us as soon as possible prior to completing the accident report form.
· Report the incident to the police and obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses to the incident.
· Undertake to assist us in any claim arising from the incident, including providing us with all relevant information and attending at court to give evidence.
· Acknowledge that the excess or any other amount due by you as a result of any damage arising from the incident, is payable at the time of reporting the event and not on completion of the rental agreement.
· Pay for any costs relating to delivery of a substitute vehicle as a result of the accident regardless of whether you were at fault or not.
In case of theft of the vehicle you should inform us of the facts and provide us with the police statement within 24 hours of its taking place together with the original keys of the vehicle.
Payment may be made by card payment (Visa/MasterCard), bank transfer or cash.
A full refund of the prepayment will be granted to you if cancellation is made 48 hours before the start date of the rental, with the exception of group bookings of several vehicles where we reserve the right to retain part of the deposit, depending on the number of vehicles.
No refund will be granted if a cancellation is made within 48 hours of the date of collection of the vehicle.
In the event that we cancel the agreement as a result of unavailability of the vehicle due to circumstances beyond our control, a full refund will be offered to you. You shall have no further claim of any kind against us.
We reserve the right to cancel the agreement in the event of invalid driving licences or if our terms and conditions are not met, in which circumstances no refund will be made to you.
You hereby agree to indemnify and hold Mustang Adventures S.L exempt from any liability to you for any loss or damage howsoever arising and incurred by you as a result of this agreement, including but not limited to:
· Any loss or damage caused by mechanical failure, defect, accident or the vehicle being unfit for your purpose;
· Any loss or damage to property left in or on the vehicle.
You furthermore indemnify us against any claims, demands or expenses of whatsoever nature (including legal costs) incurred by us by reason of your use and/or possession of the vehicle.
Should you incur any loss or damage as a result of our negligence then our liability therefor will be limited to the loss or damage which was a foreseeable result of such negligence. With the exception of the case of death or personal injury resulting from our gross negligence, our total liability to you in respect of any breach of these terms or tort or act or omission by us in connection with this agreement will be limited in aggregate to the price agreed to be paid by you for the right to use the vehicle for the period agreed.
Should you be acting in the course and scope of a business or organisation then this paragraph replaces that of the paragraph above. We will not be liable for any claims of whatsoever nature relating to loss of profit, business, contracts, goodwill, anticipated savings, expenses, consequential losses or other similar losses, for any reason whatsoever. In the case of death or personal injury as a result of our gross negligence, our liability will be limited to the price agreed to be paid by you for the right to use the vehicle for the period agreed, whether our breach is one of these terms and conditions, tort or other act or omission by us in connection with this agreement.
We reserve the right to refuse to hand over the vehicle to you if you appear to be unfit to drive the vehicle or you fail to provide us with the required documentation. Should we become aware that you or your passengers are behaving in a negligent or abusive manner during the rental period, we reserve the right to retrieve the vehicle, with no refund for loss of hire days to you.
Should you not comply with any of the terms and conditions contained herein, you will be liable to us for any liability or loss incurred by us or damages or expenses we may suffer or have suffered as a result thereof. We reserve the right to retrieve the vehicle from you at any time and at your expense, should you breach this agreement.
Law applicable and jurisdiction.
This agreement shall be governed by Spanish Law. For any matters arising as a result of this contract the Courts and Tribunals of Ibiza will be competent for their resolution.
Your privacy is of paramount important to us. Your personal information will not be passed on to any third party companies (aside from our insurance company). Payment details will be processed through a secure system.